Safe boating makes for great boating. Make sure you know all the fundamentals.
Two cylinder, 15″ short shaft, manual start, tiller steering
Two cylinder, 20″ long shaft, manual start, tiller steering
*Value does not include freight, pdi and applicable taxes.
WHY BUY A HONDA MARINE OUTBOARD?
Discover why Honda outboards have a reputation for exceptional performance, quality and reliability.
Performance and Efficiency
- Honda Four-Stroke Engine Design
- The BF8s utilize a, twin cylinder, in-line, OHC design powerhead. World-renowned Honda quality combines proven reliability, quiet operation, low emissions and superior fuel efficiency, with no gas-oil mixing.
- Complete Engine-Management System
- Electronically controlled monitoring system protects the engine components from over-revving, low engine-oil pressure and overheating.
- Pendulum-Motion Vibration Dampening
- An exclusive Honda feature, the pendulum-motion mounting system for the powerhead helps absorb the vibration, including longitudinal vibration, which was difficult to reduce successfully by conventional rubber mounts. The pendulum mount does this without the use of a heavy balancer shaft, which also significantly reduces overall weight.
- Increased Reverse Thrust
- When reversing, the exhaust gases are diverted through additional exhaust relief ports above the cavitation plate, allowing the propeller to back up into clean, bubble-free water, thereby increasing reverse thrust.
Reliability and Durability
- Regulated Charging System
- A high-quality regulator/rectifier is standard on all models to prevent overcharging the battery.
- Fresh Water Flushport
- Allows easy hook-up to fresh water supply to flush debris and salt water out of the engine, extending the life of the outboard (optional Flush Kit required).
- Shallow-Water Drive
- Allows you to run in shallow water with the engine raised to reduce the risk of damage to the lower gearcase.
- Ultra Low 3-Star CARB Emissions
- Environmentally conscious technology. All Honda Marine engines exceed the highest CARB 3-Star rating to meet the rigorous California Air Resource Board’s standards.
- Three-Year Warranty
- The best outboards are backed by the best warranty, 3 years parts and labour.
Convenience and Ease of Use
- Lightweight, Rounded Design
- Easy to transport, ideal for 10-12 ft. fishing boats, inflatables or for auxiliary sail and trolling power. Also, the BF8’s rounded ergonomics won’t catch fishing lines as easily.
- High-Output Charging System
- All electric-start models are fitted with a high-output charging system that will deliver 6 amps at only 3,000 rpm to keep your electronics working and batteries charged (models with electric-start not offered in Canada).
- Easy-Pull Starting
- The programmed-ignition system sets the ignition system during start-up to reduce the effort required to pull start the engine. Also, PGM-IG ignition provides reliable starts and optimum ignition timing, enhancing running performance and fuel economy across the entire speed range.
Forward-Mounted Shift Lever
- Allows more control and comfort in shifting.
Quick-Twist Throttle Friction Adjuster
- A simple twist of the throttle friction collar located right at the throttle grip allows you to adjust the throttle tension up or down, minimizing driver fatigue.
Front-Mounted Steering-Friction Adjuster
- A new quick-adjust lever design located just above the transom bracket allows for precise adjustments at your fingertips.
Integrated Carrying Handle
- A convenient, foldaway carry handle is situated at the exact horizontal balance point of the engine so that the engine carries more easily in a level position.
Long Tiller Handle
- The BF8 tiller models use a long tiller handle for increased control and reduced steering effort. The tiller handle is also made of a new lightweight composite for increased strength and weight reduction.
Standard Fuel Tank and Propeller
- A 12.5-litre fuel tank, fuel hose and aluminum propeller are included as standard equipment.
NMEA 2000 Protocols
- NMEA 2000 protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as sonar or GPS.
- High-Output Charging
- The system develops 55 total amps, which after self consumption, delivers 40 “charging” amps. 30 amps at 1000 rpm and 40 amps above 2000 rpm.
- Variable Speed Trolling
- Another great advantage for fisherman is the 115’s optional push-button variable speed trolling control. Simply push up or down in 50 rpm increments from 650 rpm to 900 rpm.
- Easy Maintenance
- An easy “screw-type” valve adjuster system requires no shims and reduces maintenance costs. Front-mounted oil filter and oil filler make for easy maintenance.
Built-in Pitot Tube (optional built-in Pitot Tube kit required)
- Built-in pitot tube in the gear case eliminates the need to drill holes in your boat for installation.
|Type||4-Stroke SOHC; 2 Cylinders / 4 Valves|
|Displacement||222 cc / 13.5 cubic in.|
|Bore & Stroke||58 mm x 42 mm (2.28 x 1.65 in.)|
|Full Throttle RPM Range||4,500-5,500 RPM|
|Propshaft Rated Horsepower (HP)||8 hp @ 5,000 RPM|
|Cooling System||Water Cooled|
|Fuel Delivery||1 Carburetor|
|Recommended Fuel||Unleaded Gas. (Min. Pump Octane 86)|
|Exhaust||Under Water, above propeller|
|Lubrication||Forced Lubrication (Trochoid pump)|
|Recommended Oil||SAE 10W30 API service classification SJ or later|
|Oil Capacity||1.30 L (1.14 Imp. qt) with oil filter repl.|
|Trim Range||5-Stage 4°-8°-12°-16°- 20°|
|Alternator (Manual Start)||6 amp / 76 watts w/voltage regulator|
|Alternator (Electric Start)||N/A|
|Battery Charging Power||N/A|
|Power Trim & Tilt||N/A|
|Gas Assisted Tilt||N/A|
|Oil Pressure Alert||Standard|
|Water in Fuel Alert||N/A|
|Battery Condition Alert||N/A|
|Variable Speed Trolling Kit||N/A|
|Rudder Meter Kit||N/A|
|Tilt limit Kit||N/A|
|Overall Width||345 mm / 13.6 in.|
|Transom Height (S-Type)||432 mm / 17.0 in.|
|Transom Height (SCHC-Type)||N/A|
|Transom Height (L-Type)||563 mm / 22.2 in.|
|Transom Height (LCHC-Type)||N/A|
|Transom Height (X-Type)||N/A|
|Transom Height (XX-Type)||N/A|
|Propeller Type||4-Blade (Aluminum)|
|Propeller Diameter x Pitch (S-Type)||235 mm x 229 mm / 9-1/4 x 9 in.|
|Propeller Diameter x Pitch (L-Type)||235 mm x 203 mm / 9-1/4 x 8 in.|
|Propeller Diameter x Pitch (BF(P) Models)||N/A|
|S-Type||42 kg / 93 lbs.|
|L-Type||44.5 kg / 98 lbs.|
**The steering angle can be set at 30° when two outboard motors are installed at an interval of 558 mm (ICOMIA standard recommendation). It can be set at 50°, too, depending on the installation interval.
Do not set the steering angle at 50° on a high speed boat, as it can impair the steering stability.
When the boat is equipped with a hydraulic steering type of the outboard motor, steering angle can be set at 30°.
It cannot be set at 50°. However, note that the steering angle can be set at 50° by using a connecting plate, depending on the type of hydraulic steering.
Honda outboard motors are power rated in accordance with NMMA procedures using the ICOMIA standard 28/23.
As a testament to their quality and reliability, all Honda marine engines come with a warranty of 36 months for non-commercial use and 12 months for commercial use. For more information on warranty, please view your distributor’s warranty info sheet or visit our Warranty section.
Honda Plus Extended Warranty
Honda Plus extended warranty is now available for your marine engine. You can prolong your worry-free pleasure on specified parts and components even further. For more details, please view the Warranty section.
- Solas Amita – 3-Blade Propeller
Part #: 58130-ZXX-XXX
- Solas Amita – 4-Blade Propeller
Part #: 58134-ZV7-XXX
- Solas Amita – 4-Blade Propeller
Part #: 58130-ZXX-XX2
- Solas High Rake Titan – 4 Blades
Part #: 58134-ZXX-XXX
- Solas High Rake Titan – 4 Blades
Part #: 58134-ZXX-XX1
- Solas Stainless Precision – 3-Blade
Part #: 08M60-ZW7-XXX
- Solas Titan – 3 Blades
Part #: 58133-ZW1-XX1
- Stainless Steel Solas “New Saturn” Pontoon Prop
Part #: 58133-ZW1-XXX
- Stainless Steel Solas New Saturn / Lexor / Titan – 3 Blades
Part #: 58133-ZY3-XXX